Evil is always unspectacular and always human. And shares our bed…and eats at our table.
Written by W.H Auden. I got this quote from Criminal Minds (Season 1, episode 12). I love the quotes that they have on that show, and the way they have one at the beginning and end of each episode. This one hits so close to home because a lot of people assume that they have the most to fear from strangers when in reality the people you know and see every day are likely to be just as, if not more dangerous to you.
I love the idea of having a list of things you want to do before you kick the proverbial bucket so today’s Daily Prompt was perfect for me. I also love the film The Bucket List, it was what inspired me to first start mine several years ago. Not an exhaustive list, but here’s some things I’d love to do in my life.
- Get a degree – currently in progress!
- Give blood
Learn to drive – I passed my test in August 2012 and it was one of the proudest moments of my life to date
- Fall in love
- Get married
- Have a child
Get my first job – another highlight from 2012, having a job has given me more confidence
- Go on a safari
- Develop greater self confidence – a slightly cheesy one, but anyway this is a work in progress!
- Use Spanish in a proper conversation – I used to be fairly decent at Spanish but it’s fallen by the wayside
- Take a road trip
- See the world – specifically, I have a list of places I want to visit
- Spend a whole day people-watching with my best friend
Not a very interesting bucket list but I know ticking these things off would make me happy. I’ll have plenty of opportunities to add more “exciting” things to it in the future, I’m sure.
I can also live in hope that my “dream reader” sees this and enjoys the image that I added!
Who am I? I’m a girl from England who’s wanted to start writing a blog for as long as I can remember now, and who has always enjoyed writing. Signing up to WordPress months ago I was yet to write my first post when I happened to come across a post titled Zero to Hero, about getting started on your blog. So obviously it was fate and I had to bite the bullet and write my first post straight away.
I don’t really know where to start so I’ll just answer the questions suggested by The Daily Post
- I’m choosing to blog publicly rather than keep a private journal because I’m interested in whether anyone would want to read what I have to say
- I don’t know yet what topics I’ll write about, anything and everything; whatever I feel I have something to say about
- I’d love to connect with other people writing blogs (is bloggers the right term?), there’s no one specific in my mind
- If I’m still blogging in a year I’d love to have at least one or two followers who care what I’m writing about!
I don’t necessarily have a vision I just want to share my writing with others
So I’ll check back with The Daily Post tomorrow and see if it inspires me to write post number two!
Here goes nothing